• Passport
  • SEVIS Fee Payment
  • Scholar Visa Application
  • Passport

    If you have not already done so, apply for your passport or verify that your current passport is valid. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months into the future at the time you are applying for your student visa and on the date that you enter the United States.

    Pay the SEVIS fee

    For detailed information or to pay the fee, visit http://www.fmjfee.com. You must have your Form DS-2019 in order to pay the fee.

    Apply for your J1 Visa

    Get to know a bit about the J-1 status by reading information on the U.S. Department of State’s website. You should schedule an appointment at the US Consulate nearest you to apply for your student visa as soon as possible after receiving your Form DS-2019. Note, citizens of Canada are exempt from the visa requirement. The following web sites provide useful information on the visa process: