Thank you for your interest in the University of Pittsburgh! Below you will find links to the relevant offices that handle admissions for undergraduate and graduate students. We wish you all the best as you go through the application process!

Prospective Undergraduate Students

Most undergraduate applicants to the Pittsburgh campus apply through the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid, but be sure read the information on their Web site carefully to ensure you are applying through the correct office.

Prospective Graduate Students

Applications for admission to graduate study are processed by the University’s 14 graduate and professional schools, not by a central admissions office. Questions about application forms and deadlines, admission criteria, or programs of study should always be addressed directly to the specific school or program.

Once you are admitted and have accepted the offer of admission, your file will be forwarded to the Office of International Services (OIS) where an Immigration Specialist will review and the issue the Form I-20 for F-1 international students or the Form DS-2019 for J-1 international students, as appropriate. Of course, there are many other visa classifications that an international student may be in besides F and J, and there are other immigration-related issues that may need to be addressed. The staff in OIS will communicate with you regarding your specific situation as the need arises.

Until then, good luck with the application process!