Our vision is to be an office that is a:
- Welcoming and professional support center for international students, faculty and staff and their dependents;
- Willing collaborator and resource for internationalization on all campuses;
- National leader within the profession of international education; and is a
- Positive and respectful work environment that values work-life balance and professional development and in which each staff member can thrive.
Our mission is to:
- Serve the University and its international student and scholar populations with high quality, comprehensive immigration services;
- Ensure compliance with federal requirements related to immigration;
- Welcome and orient new international students and scholars to the University and community;
- Provide cultural programming for international students, postdoctoral fellows and scholars and cross-cultural training for members of the University community;
- Contribute to and support the mission of the Division of Student Affairs to provide the University of Pittsburgh students the best collegiate experience in the world; and to
- Develop the next generation of international education professionals and leaders.
The values that guide all we do are: