General Campus Resources
- Campus Tour – Explore the Pittsburgh campus—its landmarks as well as some lesser-known treasures.
- Help Desk – The Help Desk is the central point of contact for all Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) services.
- My Pitt – My Pitt is your personal guide to the Pitt experience! It’s your one-stop source for accessing University online services and resources. With home pages customized for students, faculty, and staff, and one-click access to services like email, you’ll find what you need quickly and easily.
- Panther Central – Panther Central is where you will get your Pitt identification card as well as being your resource for transportation, housing, and dining on campus.
- Parking – If you plan to drive onto campus, you should visit the Parking website to get more information.
- Pitt Police – The University of Pittsburgh Police Department works hard to ensure the safety of all the Pitt community members and facilities.
- Sexual Harassment and Assault Response and Education (SHARE) – The University of Pittsburgh values the safety and health of all members of the Pitt community and seeks to foster an environment in which its students and employees treat other persons with respect, civility, and dignity. On the SHARE website, you can learn more about how the University policies, responses to these situations, and resources for everyone. SHARE has also created Pitt’s VAWA Visa and Immigration Resource, which provides a plain language explanation of visa and immigration options for those who have been the victims or survivors of sexual or interpersonal violence.
- University Library System – The University Library System is available to help everyone find what they are looking for, whether it is a research article, textbook, or film.
Resources for Specific Needs
- Disability Resources and Services (DRS) – DRS is here to help those individuals with special needs to get the accommodations they need in order to be successful.
- English Language Institute (ELI) – ELI teaches English as a second language courses to anyone in the Pitt or Pittsburgh community interested in developing stronger English skills. One of their very helpful courses is their Campus Conversation Course which is designed to help students, faculty, and staff practice their English speaking skills in an informal setting. This course is offered each term.
- Human Resources – Human Resources includes everything related to employment at Pitt: benefits, hiring practices, employee relations, and more. One of the resources they have created specifically for the Pitt international community is the Foreign National Activity and Payment Guide for Non-Employees.
- Off-Campus Living – Off-Campus Living is dedicated to providing the University of Pittsburgh community with the necessary information and tools to successfully reside in off-campus accommodations. We provide an informative Renters’ Guide, apartment listings and neighborhood descriptions, and a roommate and subletting service, as well as other useful tips and contact information to assist you in your role as tenant.
- University Child Development Center (UCDC) – The University Child Development Center exists to encourage and support each child to grow to his/her fullest potential in all areas of development, thus creating a positive self-concept and a realistic opportunity for success in life.
Resources for Specific Interests
- Intramurals and Recreation – Intramurals and Recreation supports the overall health and wellness of the entire University community by providing recreational opportunities and privileges to several facilities and services.
- Pitt Athletics – There are a large variety of sport events you can enjoy while at the university. While football and basketball are often the most popular sports to watch, you can also find everything from gymnastics to soccer to swim meets.
- PittServes – PittServes is a University-wide initiative created to empower the University of Pittsburgh members with the ability to truly make an impact on the Pittsburgh community through a diverse range of volunteer and service opportunities.